Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The real cost of living: $150 000 a year...Really?

I thought you would be interested in this: http://money.msn.com/family-money/article.aspx?post=c20e622f-9f80-4b2d-90fd-164ead94b9b1#scptid


According to this article, in a survey, people who claimed to make $150k a year are among those of us who where quoted in "saying they could buy what they need, afford some extras, and still be able to save a bit". I live in Southern California (higher cost of living) and tend to agree with that (believe me, I've worked the numbers).  However, since the article claims to be an average or a national representation...I wonder what people these days define as "what they need vs. what they want"?  

$150k a year use to be considered upper middle class, have we re-defined "needs vs, wants" or is has the American Dream really grown out of our reach?

Something to think about...

MsMoneyGuru

No comments:

Post a Comment