Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Financial Journey...

Back in 2010, my husband and I started on our journey to Financial Freedom...

We had done all that we were suppose to do...gone to school, secured professional jobs, but we had barely any savings and was barely living paycheck to paycheck. It was one of those moments when we looked at our situation and realized "something had to change".  We were sick of it!  So we started on our journey inspired by Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. Now, I have shared in the past our journey through real estate hardships. But I never gave you exact figures...well, here is the closest to details you can get.

When we started our journey, my husband and I owed a total of $430,379 in debt!

Here was the breakdown:


See, prior to our revelation we never really considered auto loans, student loans, and rental property to be "bad debt", but after realizing how much per month it was costing us, we decided to conquer our mountain.

As of today, our journey continues, but we have made significant strides in the last 18 months.

Check it out!


The journey continues...

MsMoneyGuru

No comments:

Post a Comment