In the spirit of Christmas I thought I would make a list of my favorite things, of course a lot of them have to do with money and money management, but some things you can just enjoy too!
Here we go!
MsMoneyGuru’s Top Ten Favorite Things:
1) Credit Unions—once I got over the fact that there wasn’t an ATM on every block, I actually LOVE Credit Unions…they really know you, and although they are a bank, they have a live real person that I can contact if I need to solve a problem! My experiences with BofA and Chase have not yielded the same results, oh well, that’s why I took my business elsewhere!
2) Check book registers—MsMoneyGuru loves to balance her check book! I love knowing EXACTLY to the penny how much money I have in the bank. I even track my cash expenditures…its fun! If any of you are of the same, you will notice that 1 checkbook register per check book box is not enough! So I regularly ask the teller at the bank for extra checkbook registers, they are free!
3) Having multiple checking accounts—they are free so why not have multiple? Each one has a separate purpose, that way I’m not always second guessing my purchases; it’s organized the same way I think: IN CATEGORIES!
4) Coupon Codes—I am always on the lookout for coupon codes, I like to shop online and having a code to fill in the box at checkout always puts me at ease—I hate feeling ripped off.
5) Mint.com—free budget software website. They are awesome because they pull your accounts real time to one place where you can categorize them and compare them to your monthly plan (BUDGET); you can even make charts to compare your spending trends! Awesome!
6) www.DaveRamsey.com---love him! Need I say more?
7) Google and therefore my Google HTC Smartphone—they have everything I need in the palm of my hand: directions, internet (Google), social networks (Facebook, Twitter, BlogSpot, WattPad), etc.
8) Microsoft Excel—my whole life is one big Excel Worksheet!
9) The book of Proverbs—want to know how to manage your money God’s way; he wrote it down in a book! Check it out!
10) Family, Friends, and all of you! Merry Christmas!